Parts Used: Seed
Milk Thistle benefits and uses:
- Supports digestive health and stimulates appetite.
- Alleviates indigestion and bloating.
- Acts as a mild diuretic to eliminate excess fluid.
- Aids in liver and gallbladder function.
- Possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
- Traditionally used to relieve menstrual discomfort.
- Provides antioxidant support to the body.
Milk Thistle is a source of:
- Bitter compounds
- Essential oils
- Sesquiterpene lactones
Milk Thistle has a long history of use in herbal medicine. It was traditionally used as a natural remedy against liver and gallbladder health conditions. Milk Thistle has also been used to support mother’s milk production. In Eclectic medicine, the plant has been used to treat enlarged and twisted veins, women’s health, congestion in the liver, spleen, and kidneys.
Contemporary research ascribes a number of beneficial properties to Milk Thistle, including oxidation inhibiting, liver health, and blood sugar level and lipid support. The seeds of Milk Thistle are known as a source of Silymarin, which is considered to be a major active compound, particularly for liver tissue health.
Silymarin is considered one of the most commonly used herbal supplements in the United States for liver issues.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Individual results may vary, and testimonials are not claimed to represent typical results. All testimonials are by real people and may not reflect the typical purchaser's experience, and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results.