- Organic Dandelion (Taraxacum Officinale) Dried Leaf
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Leaf
Country of Origin: USA
Dandelion plant, known as TaraxacumOfficinale in the scientific community, is a herbaceous flowering species from the family Asteraceae, which is commonly referred to as the daisy or a part of the sunflower family.
The plant is primarily characterized by its round yellow flower heads that turn into silver tufted balls called clocks. The plant is often referred to as blowball due to this natural process. The flowers may have been the most appealing part of dandelion plant, but its leaves are prized for their medicinal properties.
Dandelion leaves, also called dandelion greens, have long been used in traditional medicinal systems for a variety of health purposes, both as a medicine and food.
Benefits and Uses
- Protection against UV damage
- Water retention
- Detoxification of blood
- Managing high blood pressure
- Lowering blood cholesterol levels
- Strengthening the immune system
- Regulating blood sugar level
- Kidney, liver, and gallbladder issues
- Improving digestion
- Dandelion leaves have high contents of:
- Bitter glycosides
- Carotenoids – lutein, violaxanthin
- Vitamins A, B, C, D
- Minerals –iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, sodium, manganese
The most common traditional use of dandelion leaves is that of a diuretic. However, there is also evidence of their use for kidney, gallbladder, and liver issues, and improving digestion. Dandelion has also been used to remove toxins from the blood and excess heat from the body.
In addition to being used for water retention and detoxification, used for reducing blood cholesterol, regulating blood sugar, reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure, improving digestion, preventing free radical damage, and boosting the immune system.
The very name of dandelion plant –TaraxacumOfficinale – hint towards it medicinal properties. The word Officinale is derived from the Latin word opificina or officina, which means pharmacy.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
Gave several supplements to a friend that had to take a shot because of her job. She feels better so I gave her my Dandelion tincture to help her even more. The supplements lasted for about 3 weeks. Glad to help her. I'm sure the Dandelion tincture will help further.
Product arrived timely and exactly as described. Giving to my sweet dog as a diuretic aid because she’s in congestive heart failure.
I feel a'lot better. Now I notice the difference. The flavor is great.
the plant has a lot of benefits. sadly i live far away and the shipping costs are insane so i cant buy them anymore, otherwise i think the price was fine. i wish i could because its really nice.
I'm quite satisfied with the results and the price.