- Wildcrafted Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) Dried Mushroom
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Mushroom
Country of Origin: USA
Chaga, Inonotus Obliquus, is a parasitic fungus that mainly grows on the bark of birch trees (however, it can also grow on some other types of trees) and form irregular sterile conks. From a distance, these conks look like burnt charcoal. The black color of the fungus is due to the presence of high amounts of melanin.
Chaga belongs to the Hymenochaetaceae family of fungus and is considered to have medicinal properties in several traditional medicinal systems.
Chaga is also referred to as black mass, birch canker, cinder conk, plypore, and clinker polypore. It is also often regarded as the king of medicinal mushrooms.
Benefits and Uses
- Joint pain
- Reduce blood cholesterol levels
- Increase energy levels
- Boost immunity
- Manage blood sugar levels
- Improve heart health
- Improve GI health
- Improve overall health and wellness
Chaga is the source of:
- Polysaccharides, particularly beta-glucans
- Betulinic acid
A hot brewed beverage made of finely powdered Chaga was traditionally used to fight off infections, joint pain, toothache, improve heart health, and boost immunity. It was also used for blood sugar management.
In East Asia and Russia, Chaga is used (in traditional medicine) to reduce blood cholesterol levels, improve heart health, as an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial.
In addition to medicinal purposes, Chaga was also historically used by indigenous people for recreational and ritual purposes. For example, Shamans used to steep Chaga in water, which then was used for ritual cleaning. People of Denesuline community from North Saskatchewan even used Chaga to make predictions about future.
During the WW II, Chaga was also used as the coffee substitute in Finland.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.