- Organic Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) Dried Root
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Root
Country of Origin: India
Ashwagandha, formally referred to as Withania somnifera and commonly known as winter cherry, is a short tender perennial flowering shrub that belongs to the nightshade family. Ashwagandha is native to India.
Uses and Benefits:
- Nerve Health
- Mood Support
- Urinary Health
- Alkaloids (isopelletierine, anaferine, cuscohygrine, anhydride, etc.)
- Steroidal lactones (withanolides, withaferin)
Ashwagandha has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries to provide mood support and energy enhancement. It's been used by Indian folk healers as a tonic, often served in milk for small children. The shoots and seeds were even used as food and to thicken milk. Ashwagandha was also used to treat inflammation and a wide range of infectious disorders.
Ashwagandha root is classified as an adaptogen and is used to promote nerve health, mood and better sleep. It's used to support blood sugar and cortisol levels, as well as cognitive function boost. Besides, Ashwagandha is also considered to be beneficial for thyroid health.
Ashwagandha got its name from the Sanskrit language, "ashva," meaning horse, and "gandha," meaning smell, for its powerful horse-like aroma.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Individual results may vary, and testimonials are not claimed to represent typical results. All testimonials are by real people and may not reflect the typical purchaser's experience, and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results.