- Wildcrafted Jamaican Guinea Hen Weed (Petiveria Alliacea) Dried Herb
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Herb
Country of Origin: USA
Anamu, scientifically known as Petiveria alliacea, is a flowering herbaceous plant that is the only species in its genus – Petiveria. The deep-rooted perennial shrub typically grows a little over 3 feet tall and is known by different common names in different parts of the world. But, anamu and guinea henweed are the most commonly used.
The plant is widely grown in various parts of the US, Central America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and tropical regions of South America.
Benefits and Uses
- Pain relief
- Boost immunity
- For bacterial, fungal, and viral infections
- For fever
- Joint pain and inflammation
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Stress and anxiety
- As an antioxidant
- Benzoic acid
- Cysteine sulfoxide derivatives (that are somewhat similar to those found in onion and garlic)
Anamu has long been used in traditional medicinal systems for inflammation, pain, microbial infections, lowering blood sugar level, and as a natural immunity booster.
Anamu is most commonly used to boost immunity. It is also used to prevent and relieve various types of allergies, joint pain, and inflammation, manage blood sugar, and fight against the common cold. The herb also has pain and stress relieving properties.
The roots and leaves of anamu plant have garlic-like odor.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
Anamu is great for the flu season.