Learn the Herbs: Eucalyptus
The passage of the years has meant an advance in medicine, as well as in medical knowledge. Chinese knew the healing and curative properties of Eucalyptus, so its use was widespread in different diseases. It is still used the same, or even more than in ancient times. Currently, it is one of the components most used in natural medicines, thanks to its multiple anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
With time, new benefits of Eucalyptus have been discovered that are beneficial for health. Its use is now more common in herbal medicines.
What is Eucalyptus?
Also known as gum tree, Eucalyptus is a type of tree that belongs to the Myrtaceae family (aromatic). Its uses are varied. Among them is its use in medicine and the paper and wood industry.
Its rapid growth and its properties make it one of the primary sources of natural medicine. When you squeeze its green and leafy leaves, a soft and natural aroma is released, which you will indeed have smelled in some medicines or pharmacy products.
Benefits and Properties of Eucalyptus
The medicinal character of eucalyptus is indisputable, so it occupies a privileged place in the popular culture of many countries.Its natural properties give it a large number of benefits. From ancient China to modern society, medical advances have revealed new properties and benefits of Eucalyptus. Among its benefits, in the field of medicine, are:
- It relieves colds and respiratory conditions. It acts as a balsamic and an expectorant to improve respiratory tract conditions.
- has antiseptic and disinfectant properties against viral processes
- Helps you relieve the annoying inflammation and reduce the pain caused by sore throat.
- It also helps eliminate nasal congestion.
- It helps to decongest the lungs
- It helps fight rheumatism
- It is also effective in mouthwashes to eliminate bad breath and gingivitis
- Allows wound disinfection
- Stimulates the functioning of the immune system
- It also works as a fever reliever
- It is useful to treat skin problems.
- Its antiseptic power and pleasant aroma make it a regular ingredient in cosmetic products and for skin health.
- Eucalyptus oil is claimed to have the ability to eliminate dryness in hair, and due to its antifungal characteristics, which repels the proliferation of fungi, it makes hair look healthier.
All these benefits come from the medicinal properties it has, making it special and valuable. Some of them are:
- Expectorantand antitussive
- Healing qualities
Because of all the peculiarities that distinguish eucalyptus, health professionals and people around the globe express their confidence in its medicinal virtues.All these properties allow it to act in the different conditions and problems that you may have. The most common and used are its anti-inflammatory properties since they act in a generalized way inthehuman body and alleviate many diseases and ailments.
How to Use Eucalyptus?
As always, moderation in its use and consultation with a health professional is always advised. It is available in the form of balms, mouthwashes, oils, and creams. It is also available in tincture and capsule forms.
Now you know the medicinal virtues of Eucalyptus. It is essential to seek the expert guidance of doctors and pharmacists before starting any treatment, even when it is natural. Don’t forget to share this information with your loved ones so that they can also benefit from it.