- Organic Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) Dried Leaf
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Leaf
Country of Origin: Germany
Spinach, given the scientific name of Spinacia oleracea, belongs to the family Amaranthaceae. These aromatic greens that we commonly use as vegetables come from a flowering plant that originated from ancient Persia. In China, the plant is still known as the Persian green.
Spinach was later found to be naturally available in central and western Asia. As its high nutritious values were discovered, the leafy vegetable soon became a food staple all over the world.
Spinach is an annual plant and is sown around winters. By the time the summers approach Spinach bolts in growth and stand about one meter tall.
In addition to being used as a food source, spinach has also been used in herbal medicine for the prevention of various diseases and improve overall health.
Benefits and Uses
- Improves muscle strength
- Maintains blood pressure
- Helps regulate blood sugar level
- Beneficial for eye health
- Improves cognitive functions
- Prevents age-related macular degeneration
- Boasts bone health
- Improves digestion
- Improves hair, nails, and skin health
- Helps prevent cardiovascular conditions
- Fights against the degeneration of the immune system
- Phenolic compounds
- Vitamins – A, C, K
- Folic acid
- Minerals – magnesium, iron, calcium
Persians, and later French, used Spinach as an herb to enhance the flavor of their food. The leaves of Spinach were also used as medicinal herbs in East and Southeast Asia. It was used for treating stings and insect bites. Some legends also report the use of spinach as a home remedy against mushroom poisoning.
Spinach in modern days is recommended by medical practitioners to overcome iron and vitamin deficiencies. It is also considered an important diet for children to help strengthen their muscles and bones. In general, it is considered an important part of a balanced diet to boost immunity and prevent diseases.
Spinach has been consumed for a long time in the east. In the west, however, it gained popularity in the late 90s’ and the early 20s’ after the famous comic character Popeye. The exaggerated strength attained by Popeye the Sailor spread awareness about Spinach’s highly nutritious status in the western world.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
Thank you for exchanging my order for the larger bottle. I'm going to need to take this for the next couple of months or until I feel strong enough to get back to work. I have been feeling weak and anxious and I am going on a strict supplement regiment.