- Organic Pot Marigold (Calendula Officinalis) Dried Flower
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Flower
Country of Origin: Croatia
Pot marigold, also known as Scotch marigold, common marigold, and ruddles, is a small aromatic herbaceous, perennial species from the family of daisies, called Asteraceae. The plant only grows a little over 30 inches in height, but quickly grabs the attention of onlookers due to its bright yellow-orange flowers.
The flowers of pot marigold have long been used in various cultures and traditional medicinal systems as a natural medicine for a range of health issues.
Scientifically, the plant is known as Calendula Officinalis.
Benefits and Uses
- Healing wounds and ulcers
- Muscle spasms
- Protect, soothe and repair skin
- Relieves rash and irritation
- Various gastrointestinal issues
- Triterpenoid esters
- Carotenoids flavoxanthin
- Triterpene oligoglycosides
- Sesquiterpene glucoside
- Oleanane-type triterpene glycosides
- Essential oils
- Calendic acid
- Linoleic acid
Calendula flowers have been prized for their anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and soothing properties throughout history. They were used for a range of skin conditions and healing wounds and ulcers.
The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties of pot marigold flowers make them a great natural treatment for variety of skin issues, including those related to aging. Calendula oil has also been found to have sun protecting properties.
The scientific name of pot marigold itself refers to the plant’s medicinal uses.
The term Officinalis is used for plants that are used in herbalism for their medicinal properties.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.