- Extract from Organic Forsythia (Lian Qiao, Forsythia Suspensa) Dried Fruit
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Fruit
Country of Origin: China
Forsythia Suspensa, commonly called weeping forsythia and golden bell, is an upright deciduous shrub from the Oleaceae family of flowering plants. It can grow up to 6 to 10 feet and, as its common name suggests, displays a weeping foliage with drooping branches, giving it a graceful appearance.
In addition to being grown for ornamental purposes, the plant is also highly prized in herbal medicine. It is among the 50 fundamental herbs of Traditional Chinese Medicine and is called LianQiao. The fruit of weeping forsythia is used for medicinal purposes.
Benefits and Uses
- Stimulate menstrual flow
- Detoxification of the body
Forsythia is the source of:
- Plant lignans – pjhillyrin and pinoresinol
- O-p-d glucoside
- Forsythoside C
- Chlorogenic acid
- Gallic acid
Forsythia is mainly used in the TCM for infections of the neck glands. The fruit of weeping forsythia is also diuretic, anti-inflammatory, and is known to stimulate gall bladder, nervous system, and the heart.
Most of the traditional uses of Forsythia are still prevalent in the TCM. The fruit of this plant is also used for urinary tract and has powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, and anti-parasitic properties.
Depending on the time of harvest, the fruit of Forsythia suspensa is called Qingqiao or Laoqiao.
The fruit that has just begun to ripen and is still green-ish is called Qingqiao whereas the fully ripened yellow one is called Laoqiao.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
The representative was great she rememberd my order after talikg to her before it felt good to speek to a nice and smart human being.