- Organic Celery (Apium graveolens) Dried Fruit and seed
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Fruit and seed
Country of Origin: Egypt
Celery, Apium Graveolens, is an herbaceous flowering plant species from the family Apiaceae, also known as the carrot or parsley family. The plant has been cultivated for its stalks, which are used as a vegetable, since ancient times. However, its leaves and seeds are used in cooking in some parts of the world. In addition to being used as a spice, celery seeds have also been a part of herbal medicinal system for a very long time.
Benefits and Uses
- Pain relief
- Inflammation, particularly of joints and the urinary tract
- Water retention
- Remove toxins from the body
- Stimulate digestion
- Loss of appetite
- Certain respiratory issues
- Skin problems
- Support bone health
- Promotes production of red blood cells
- Maintaining healthy blood sugar levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Assist in weight loss
- Induce sleep
Celery is the source of:
- Phenolic acid
- Ferulic acid
- P-coumaric acid
- Caffeic acid
- Isovalaric acid
- Vitamin K
- Dietary fiber
- Minerals; iron, calcium, manganese, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus
In Ayurveda, celery seeds have been used for colds, flu, indigestion, water retention, pain relief, and a range of liver and spleen problems since ancient times.
Celery seeds are used for a range of inflammatory conditions and to fight against free radical damage. They’re also commonly used to support weight loss efforts, strengthen the immune system, improve energy, and other conditions related with low iron levels in the blood. They also help with various types of bacterial infections and detoxification.
What is commonly called celery seed is actually the fruit of celery plant. It’s also used in the perfume industry for a chemical compound called apiole, found in its essential oil. In ancient Greece, celery leaves were used to make garlands for the dead people because they associated the vegetable with death. It was believed by ancient Greeks that celery first grew from the blood of Kadmilos; one of the chthonic deities.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
I use this tincture daily for managing arthritis and IBS inflammation. Works wonders. Definitely recommend for all over inflammation issues.
My blood pressure went from about 153 to 118-120 -tested it on 3 different occasions.. I don't know if it will stay that low but so far so good. Well worth getting- and it tastes good.
Celery seed has a lot of benefits.