- Organic (Eupatorium perfoliatum) Dried herb
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Herb
Country of Origin: USA
Boneset, also referred to as common boneset, feverwort, agueweed, and sweating-plant, is a flowering perennial species from the daisy (Asteraceae) family. Scientifically known as Eupatorium Perfoliatum, the plant typically only grows up to 2 to 4 feet and is characterized by the clusters of tiny white flowers that appear during the late summer.
Benefits and Uses
- Stimulate the immune system
- Promote bowel movements
- Muscle spasms
- Relief intestinal gas
- Joints pain and inflammation
- Respiratory infections
- Several skin conditions
Boneset is the source of:
- Sesquiterpene lactones – eupafolin, eufoliatin, euperfolitin, euperfolide, helenalin, eufoliatorin, and euccannabinolide
- Flavonoid, such as kaempferol, quercetin, eupatorin, astragalin, hyperoside, and rutin
- Polysaccharides; glucuronic acid, xylose
- Caffeic acid derivatives
- Diterpenes – hebenolide, dendroidinic acid
- Tannic acid
- Volatile oil
Native Americans used boneset plant to reduce fever by eliminating body heat via heavy sweating. It was particularly used for malarial and breakbone fever. The use of boneset for common cold was also quite prevalent.
Herbal experts primarily recommend boneset for relieving congestion, reducing fever, and pain associated with various joints-related conditions. However, it is also often used to boost the immune system and to get relief from the common cold.
One of the common names of boneset plant – agueweed – comes from its traditional use for malarial fever. Ague is the name Native Americans used for malarial fever.
Boneset plant serves as the habitat and food for some butterfly species, including bronze copper butterfly and white M hairstreak. These butterflies rely on boneset flowers’ nectar during the adult stage of their life cycle.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
Boneset tincture is not an easy find even though I work in a Health food store! I was excited to find it along with Solomon's seal tincture. They're native remedies for fractures. At 62 fractures of the tibia are not welcome. After 7 weeks the initial and subsequent x-rays were dramatic. The Dr wanted to know what I was doing because he was very pleased with my recovery. I told him. LoL.
I use it as a natural supplement for my boy who plays a number of sports. I have tried it myself and enjoy it. I would say mainly this help keep congestion away and we as a family suffer a lot from it.
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection