Extract from Organic Birch (Betula Pendula) Dried Leaf
All Natural Herbal Supplements
- Extract from Organic Birch (Betula Pendula) Dried Leaf
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Leaf
Country of Origin: Bulgaria
Birch is one of the common names of Betula Pendula; a fast-growing deciduous tree from the family Betulaceae. In addition to growing fast, this birch species also grows very high, reaching up to the height of 65 feet (and sometimes ever higher). The outer layer of the tree bark turns white as the tree grows up, giving it the common name of silver birch.
Some other common names of Betula Pendula include European white birch, East Asian white birch, warty birch, European weeping birch, and common birch.
Benefits and Uses
- Stimulate the release of bile juice
- Induce perspiration (to release body heat)
- Various skin issues
- Stimulate bowel movement
- Stimulate or increase urination
- Kidney issues
- Boosting immunity
- Problems of the urinary tract
- Improving hair health
- Sleep issues
- Botulin; a type of naturally occurring triterpene
- Betulinic acid
Infusions and decoctions made from the leaves of silver birch tree have been used for inflammation, skin problems, joint pain and swelling, kidney issues, and to stimulate bowel movements and urination.
In traditional medicine, silver birch leaves are used for urinary tract infections, kidney issues, improve joints health, and boosting the immune system. They are also used in skin and hair care products due to their nourishing, conditioning, soothing, and antioxidant properties.
The name Birch is believed to have come from the ancient Sanskrit word Bhurga, which referred to a tree whose bark was used to write upon. The bark of birch tree was historically used for this very purpose. However, the name is also associated with the Anglo-Saxon term Beorgan, which meant to shelter or protect.
There is also another viewpoint that the name Birch is derived from the Indo-European word Bhereo, which means glossy white.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.