- Extract from Organic Bilberry (Vaccinium Myrtillus) Dried Leaf
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Leaf
Country of Origin: Albania
Bilberry, or Vaccinium Myrtillus, is a small flowering shrub from the family Ericaceae that is primarily characterized by its fruits, which look exactly like blueberries and are commonly called European blueberries. However, the leaves of bilberry plant also hold immense importance in traditional medicine and have been used for various health purposes since the Middle Ages.
The plant is known with several common names. Some of them include whortleberry, blue whortleberry, wimberry, and common bilberry.
Benefits and Uses
- Excessive bowel movements
- Managing blood sugar levels
- Minor urinary infections
- Improving blood flow and circulation
- Menstrual cramps
- Certain eye problems and to improve night vision
- GI disorders
- Kidney problems
- Skin infections
- Joints pain and inflammation
- Chronic fatigue
- Strengthening bladder and improving kidney function
- Fight against free radical damage
Bilberry leaf is the source of:
- Phenolic acids
Several traditional medicinal systems use bilberry leaves for a range of health issues, including infections, stomach and bowel movement related issues, small burns, and managing blood sugar levels.
Bilberry leaves are best known for their ability to help keep blood sugar levels in control. However, they also help prevent and fight against free radical damage and have anti-inflammatory, digestion regulating, anti-infectious and lipid lowering properties.
Bilberry is called blueberry by Scandinavians, when they are speaking English, because the local name for the fruit blåbär literally translates to blueberry. The two fruits are often confused. They are related, but different.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
There is a sweet taste to this tincture I had never encountered before.