3 Healthy Berry Recipes
How about a little bit of fruity freshness? Just for you, we've prepared three delicious and healthy recipes using berries — just perfect for the spring! Cook and enjoy :)
Strawberry and Pineapple Smoothie
How about a little bit of fruity freshness? ;)
- 1/4 large English cucumber, quartered
- 6 leaves of fresh mint
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1 medium orange, peeled
- It’s best if one of the fruits - strawberry or pineapple - are frozen to create a cold and creamier smoothie. If neither is frozen, add 1/4 cup ice cubes.
- Put all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately!
Oat casserole with berries
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp honey (also you can use maple syrup or sugar)
- A little vanilla sugar or vanilla essence or vanilla paste
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen berries (this can be blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or other of your favorite berries)
- Ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 355°F (180°C).
- Mix oatmeal, baking powder, salt in a medium bowl.
- Add milk, egg and honey. Stir the mixture.
- Add berries into the mixture. If you use strawberries or other big berries, chop them into smaller pieces before adding. Stir the mixture.
- Grease the pan and pour the batter into it. Spread the batter over the pan so that the berries were distributed evenly.
- Bake on the medium rack for about 20-25 minutes.
- When it's ready, cut the casserole into pieces and serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Raspberry Almond Chia Pudding
- 3 Tablespoons white chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2/3 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Raspberries + Extra for Topping
- Mix the chia seeds, syrup and most of the lemon zest into a bowl. Stir to combine and then let the bowl sit for 10 – 15 minutes to thicken up.
- When ready, put half the raspberries to the bottom of the jar and mash them into a “jam” consistency. Give the chia pudding a quick stir then add it on top of the raspberries. Finish with a few more raspberries and the rest of the lemon zest.