- Wildcrafted Huang Qin (Scutellaria Root, Radix Scutellariae Baicalensis) Dried Root
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Root
Country of Origin: China
Huang Qin is the Chinese name for Scutellaria baicalensis – a flowering plant from the family Lamiaceae, commonly known as the mint or sage family. The plant is classified as a fundamental herb in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). The root of the plant, called Radix Scutellariae, is used for medicinal purposes.
Scutellaria baicalensis is also commonly referred to as Chinese skullcap, Baikal skullcap, and scute.
Benefits and Uses
- Liver issues
- High blood pressure
- High lipid levels in the blood
- Regulation of blood sugar
- Various issues of the GI tract
- Hardening of arteries
- Several respiratory problems
- Support the immune function
- Oroxylin A
- Flavones, such as baicalin and baicalein
In the TCM, huang qin is prized for its ability to release heat and toxins from the body. It has long been used to protect liver and improve its functioning, inflammatory diseases, respiratory infections, and some digestive and GI tract issues. It has also been used to support immune functioning.
Due to a high content of antioxidants, huang qin can help reduce the effects of oxidative stress on the body. It also has anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, antibacterial, antiviral, and liver protecting and boosting properties.
Huang means yellow Qin is an equivalent of jin. Huang Qin means golden herb.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
Great products great service free shipping
Glad to see such a rich selection of Chinese herbs in one place.