- Organic Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) Dried Nut
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Nut
Country of Origin: Hungary
Horse chestnut, also called conker tree, buckeye, Spanish chestnut, and scientifically, Aesculus Hippocastanum, is a flowering plant from the Sapindaceae family.
Horse chestnut grows as a large tree, often reaching up to the height of 128 feet and is characterized by the domed crown formed by its stout branches and beautiful spring flowers. However, its various parts have also been used in traditional medicinal systems for a range of health issues.
Benefits and Uses
- Vascular protection
- Venous insufficiency
- Joint pain
- GI issues
- Various bladder issues
- Leg cramps
- Circulatory issues
- Prevent and reduce water retention
- Quercetin 3
- Flavonol glycoside – 4’ diglucoside
- Procyanidin A2
The seed extract of horse chestnut was traditionally used for inflammation, joint pain, leg cramps, fever, and a certain GI and bladder issues.
The most widely known use of horse chestnut is for chronic venous insufficiency; a condition that leads to poor blood flow in legs and causes pain, swelling, cramps, and varicose veins. It is also used for some GI problems and male infertility issues. Horse chestnut also has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It can also help prevent and reduce water retention.
It was noticed that the fruit or seed of A. hippocastanum helped coughing and panting horses. This, when coupled with the fact that the fruit resembles to sweet chestnuts, gave the plant its common name horse chestnut.
It got the name buckeye because its seed looks like a deer’s eye.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed..