- Organic Camu Camu (Myrciaria dubia) Dried Fruit
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Fruit
Country of Origin: Peru
Camu Camu, also spelled as camocamo, is an evergreen plant from the family of myrtles, called the Myrtaceae family. In its native range, the plant grows alongside rivers as bushy trees that can grow up to 3 to 5 meters in height. Camu Camu is characterized by its small, white, waxy flowers that have a sweet fragrance and red to purple cherry-like fruits.
The fruits of camu camu are packed with a range of health beneficial compounds and are believed to offer many health benefits.
Camu Camu plant is also referred to as cacari or myrciaria dubia in the botanical world.
Benefits and Uses
- Improve bone health
- Repair and regenerate tissues
- Boost immune function
- Improve skin health
- Prevent oxidative stress
- Fight against free radical damage
- Relieve inflammation
- Manage blood sugar levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Improve cognitive function
- Reduce sun damage
Camu Camu is the source of:
- Amino acids, such as lucine, valine, and serine
- Organic acids, such as isocitric acid, citric acid, and malic acid
- Fatty acids, such as oleic acid, linoleic acid, and stearic acid
- Antioxidants, such as ellagic acid and anthocyanins
- Phenolic acids
- Vitamin C
- Dietary fiber
- Minerals, such as iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese, zinc
There is a lack of historical accounts regarding the uses of camu camu by the indigenous people from the Amazon region. However, its fruits have always been prized as one of the best natural source of vitamin C. There’s also some evidence that some native Amazonian tribes used camu camu fruit for malaria.
Camu Camu fruits have been widely purported for their anti-aging benefits, lately. Packed with antioxidants, they also help fight against oxidative stress. As an excellent source of vitamin C, camu camu fruit can also help improve immune function, contributes to healthy growth and repair of tissues, boost healing, and improve skin health.
Camu Camu fruits have one the highest vitamin C concentrations of all fruits. They provide 30 to 50 times more vitamin C than oranges.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
I was looking for a strong source of vitamins and I found this to my relief. I really enjoy this product, it truly does help you perk up.