- Organic Calamus (Acorus Calamus) Dried Root
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Root
Country of Origin: Poland
Calamus, scientifically known as Acorus Calamus, is a grass-like herbaceous perennial plant species from the family Acoraceae. The plant grows over 6 feet in height and is characterized by its long, narrow, sword-shaped leaves. Calamus plant is known with several common names. Some of the most widely used ones include sweet flag, sweet cinnamon, sweet cane, sweet grass, myrtle root, myrtle flag, bitter pepper root, beewort, and calamus root.
Benefits and Uses
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Induce sweating
- Pain and inflammation of joints
- Certain skin conditions
- As a relaxant; to induce sleep
- Problems of the respiratory tract
Traditional uses of calamus root have been diverse. Ancient Egyptians used it as an aphrodisiac whereas Turks believed it helps prevent infectious diseases. It was also widely used to improve digestion and was also added in toothpowders and hair washes.
Today, calamus root extracts are widely used topically and in baths to improve circulation and soothe sore muscles. It is also considered a great natural option for improving digestion and alleviating GI issues, like upset stomach, gas, bloating, inflammation, and ulcers. It is also considered effective for loss of appetite.
In many cultures, people chew calamus to remove the smell of tobacco from the mouth.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
This has really helped me feel better and has helped me slowly fight my bouts of anxiety.