Extract from Organic Butcher's Broom (Ruscus aculeatus) Dried Root
All Natural Herbal Supplement...
- Extract from Organic Butcher's Broom (Ruscus aculeatus) Dried Root
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Root
Country of Origin: Albania
Butcher’s broom, known as Ruscus Aculeatus in the scientific community, is a low-growing, evergreen shrub from the Asparagaceae family of plants. It typically grows only up to 2 to 3 feet and is characterized by its greenish spring flowers and red berries. Even though it is commonly known as a landscape plant, butcher’s broom plant has thousands of years’ long history of use in traditional medicinal systems. Its young stems, and more frequently, roots are used for various health issues.
In addition to butcher’s broom, the plant is also known with the common names of knee holly, box holly, sweet broom, thorny fragon, Jew’s myrtle, and Pettigree.
Benefits and Uses
- Diuretic/ laxative
- Promote bone healing
- Improve blood circulation, particularly in the legs
- Improve blood flow to the heart
- Steroidal sanponins – neoruscogenin, ruscogenen, ruscogenins
- Phenolic compounds
- Glycolic acid
In European folk medicine, the root of butcher’s broom was used to stimulate bowel movements and to remove fluids from the body by increasing urination. It was also used for stomach pain and removing kidney stones. There’s also evidence that it was also used, both internally and topically, to promote bone healing.
Research has found evidence regarding the plant’s antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and blood circulation improving properties. It is also used in the herbal industry to improve blood flow to the heart.
Brooms made of the stems of ruscus aculeatus were historically used by butchers to clean their stalls. Hence, the common name butcher’s broom.
According to historical accounts, the plant was also used by butchers to protect their hanged meats from mice.
Butcher’s broom is also consumed in many cultures, even today, in much the same way as asparagus.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.