- Organic Bupleurum (Bupleurum Chinense) Dried Root
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Root
Country of Origin: China
Bupleurum Chinense, also known as Chinese thorowax root, chai hu, bei chai hu, simply bupleurum, is a flowering perennial from the family Apiaceae; commonly referred to as the carrot, celery, or parsley family. The plant typically grows a little over 3 feet.
Young shoots and leaves of bupleurum are cooked and consumed in its native region whereas the root of the plant has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for a variety of ailments and health problems, for at least 2,000 years. In TCM, the root is referred to as Radix Bupleuri.
Benefits and Uses
- To strengthen the digestive system
- Tonic for the circulatory system and liver
- Menstrual problems
- Saikosaponin – A, B, C, D
- Saikogenin – E, F, G
- Triterpenoid saponins
- Fatty acids
The root of bupleurum chinense has long been used in the TCM for its anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and carminative properties. However, it is most valued for its liver protecting and strengthening properties; it is considered a tonic for liver. It has also been used to balance the body’s energies.
While the research isn’t yet conclusive, there’s some evidence regarding the ability of bupleurum root to protect and strengthen liver and improve its function. It is also used in traditional medicinal systems for digestive issues, different types of fevers, and menstrual issues. The herb is also valued for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Even though the root of bupleurum chinense is primarily used for health boosting purposes in the Traditional Chinese Medicine, it has also long served a famine food in its native range.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
Excellent product, fast delivery
Good product. I hope it helps prevent me from getting Coronavirus.