Responsibly farmed Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis) Dried Root
All Natural Herbal Supplements
- Responsibly farmed Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis) Dried Root
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Root
Country of Origin: USA
Growing in the woodlands in the eastern and mid-western regions of North America, bloodroot is an herbaceous, perennial flowering plant from the Papaveraceae, or as it is commonly called, the poppy family. Bloodroot is the only species in its genus and is scientifically known as SanguinariaCanadensis. It is also known with the names of red puccoon, redroot, bloodwort, Indian paint, snakebite, and sweet slumber.
Bloodroot is a small plant, typically growing up to only 8 to 20 inches in height. It is characterized by its white flowers that open in sunlight and reddish rhizome, which produces orange-red sap.
Benefits and Uses
- Reduce dental plaque
- Prevents and fight against gum-related problems
- Skin issues
- Reduce moles and warts
- Improve respiratory health
Bloodroot is the source of:
- Isoquinoline alkaloids
Bloodroot has been traditionally used for oral health issues. Native Americans used it to induce vomiting to remove toxins from the body and to deal with respiratory issues. It was also used for warts and various skin problems.
Today, bloodroot is mostly used topically for skin issues. However, it is also used, internally, for respiratory problems and as a gargle for oral issues.
The orange-red sap released from bloodroot’s rhizomes has been used as a dye for a very long time. It was also used by Native Americans to paint their bodies for ceremonies and war dances. It is this sap that has given the plant its common name – bloodroot.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.