- Organic Blessed Thistle (Cnicus benedictus) Dried Leaf
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Leaf
Country of Origin: Portugal
Blessed thistle, bearing the scientific name Cnicus Benedictus, is a small annual plant from the Asteraceae or daisy family. It only grows up to 6 cm in height and is characterized by its dense, yellow flowerheads. Various parts of the plant are used by herbal experts for a range of health problems. It is also used to improve health.
Blessed thistle is known with several common names, including holy thistle, St. Benedict’s thistle, and spotted thistle.
Benefits and Uses
- Stimulates bile production
- Relieve symptoms linked with poor liver function
- Improve digestive health
- Increase milk production (in new mothers)
Blessed Thistle is the source of:
- Sesquiterpene lactones
- Essential oils
During the Middle Ages, blessed thistle was used by monks as a health tonic. A tea made from this herb was used by midwives to promote breast milk production.
Blessed thistle tea is used for cold, cough, fever, indigestion, bowel movement regulation, loss of appetite, and bacterial infections. The herb is also used to increase urination, skin wounds, ulcers, and boils, and increase breast milk production.
According to the folklore, blessed thistle was believed to offer protection against witches and evil spirits. It was also used to treat the bubonic plague during the Middle Ages. At present, blessed thistle is used as a flavoring agent in some alcoholic beverages.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
This blessed thistle is wonderful and I trust this company. Well worth it! Thank you!
Sweet !!! I like it.