- Wildcrafted Black Haw (Viburnum Prunifolium) Dried Root Bark
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Root Bark
Country of Origin: USA
Black Haw, also called black-haw viburnum, sweet haw, and stag bush, is a deciduous tree from a small family of flowering plants – the Adoxaceae or Moschatel family. The tree can grow anywhere from 7 to 30 feet in height and is characterized by its attractive fall foliage, black fruits, and white flowers.
Bearing the scientific name Virburnum Prunifolium, black haw is grown for both ornamental purposes and to benefit from its natural health beneficial compounds. Different parts of the tree are used for various ailments and health boosting purposes in herbalism.
Benefits and Uses
- Gynecological problems in women
- Muscle relaxant
- Pain relief
- Headaches, particularly those due to stress
- Leg cramps
- Regulating heart beat
- Relax blood vessels
- Stimulate kidney function
- Increase urination
- Salicylic acid
- Oxalic acid
One of the most important traditional use of black haw is to prevent miscarriage and help women recover after childbirth. It has been valued by herbal experts as a uterine tonic and is also used to relieve symptoms associated with menstruation and menopause.
The natural compounds present in black haw help with several women health issues, offer relief from pain, help improve heart health, and stimulate kidney function. It is also known to help with spasms and inflammation.
The fruits of black haw were mentioned by James Riley, famously known as Hoosier Poet, in one of his children rhymes, titles Time of Clearer Twitterings. He wrote:
What is sweeter, after all,
Than black haws, in early fall –
Fruit so sweet the frost first sat,
Dainty-toothed, and nibbled at!
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.