- Organic Bayberry (Myrica Cerifera) Dried Bark
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Bark
Country of Origin: USA
Bayberry, known as MyricaCerifera (formerly, Morella Cerifera) in the scientific community, is an evergreen flowering plant with a shrub-like appearance from the family Myricaceae. In addition to bayberry, the plant is known with the common names of southern bayberry, southern wax myrtle, tallow shrub, and candleberry.
The plant is used for ornamental and medicinal purposes in herbalism.
Benefits and Uses
- Inflammation/infection of intestines
- Abnormal muscular contractions and health conditions caused by them
- Digestive health
- Excessive bowel movements
- Bleeding gums
Bayberry is the source of:
- Triterpenes, such as myricadiol, taraxerone, taraxerol
Bayberry root has long been used in the herbal industry for fever, GI issues, bacterial infections, and regulation of bowel movements. It has also been known to have astringent properties.
Bayberry root is known to have anti-bacterial properties. It is also used to stimulate the circulatory system, relieve intestinal pain and inflammation, improve digestive health, and topically, for wounds and skin ulcers.
The fruits of bayberry are the traditional source of wax for the famous bayberry candles that are part of traditional Christmas decorations in many parts of the world.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
I am hoping this one will help my indigestion.