- Organic Barberry Root (Berberis Vulgaris) Dried Root Bark
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Root Bark
Country of Origin: Croatia
Barberry, also known as common barberry, European barberry, and Berberis vulgaris (in the scientific world), is a deciduous, flowering shrub from the Berberidaceae or barberry family. The plant can grow up to 13 feet tall and is characterized by its red, oblong, berries that are highly acidic, but consumed in many parts of the world. Different parts of the plant have also been used for various health issues in different traditional medicinal systems, particularly that of Iran and China.
Benefits and Uses
- Gastrointestinal issues
- High blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- To prevent hardening of arteries
- Dilate blood vessels
- Problems of the urinary tract
- Liver and gallbladder issues
- Renal stones
- Stimulate circulatory system
- Digestive issues
- Loss of appetite
- Minor wounds and other skin problems (topically)
Barberry Root is the source of:
- Alkaloids, such as columbamine, brolicin, berbamine, oxyaconthine, and berberine
- Phenolic compounds, such as anthocyanin and carotenoid pigments
- Vitamins C and K
Some of the most common conditions barberry has been traditionally used for include digestive and GI problems, liver and gallbladder issues, lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels, cough, and skin problems. A decoction made from barberry root has also been used to stimulate appetite.
Research into the various constituents of barberry plant has found that the herb may also have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, liver protecting, blood sugar and cholesterol lowering, and pain relieving properties.
Iran is the biggest producer of barberry fruit in the world. Even in Iran, 95% of the fruit comes from one province – Southern Khorasan.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
I have been taking Barberry Root capsules off and on for a couple of years now. I have severe allergies, so sometimes swallowing the capsules is challenging.
However, when I'm not taking my Barberry Root, I KNOW IT! I'm not sure if I have RA (or some other immune deficiency) or just old age, lol (I'm only 44). I really struggle, physically, when I forget to take Barberry Root for a couple of days, or if I can't due to allergies, so I am going to repurchase this tincture.
The tincture has a bitter-herb flavor. If you can't stand bitter, buy the capsules. I don't mind the bitter, and have actually come to enjoy it, knowing that it is helping my body.
I also find that splitting the dose into 2 daily doses works very well for me. I take all my herbs this way, and find I receive the same benefits as if I took them three times daily.
As a Christian, I believe God put all these herbs here for our benefit and healing. I am thankful for the quality of herbs provided by Secrets of the Tribe, even if they don't believe the same way I and my family do. Thank you, SotT for providing superior herbs.
My son has been suffering from colic pains and so I made sure he took this three times a day. He is feeling better and his bloating issues have also decreased. Glad I picked this up.