- Organic Artichoke (Cynara scolymus) Dried Leaf
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Leaf
Country of Origin: Germany
Artichoke, also known as globe artichoke, green artichoke, and French artichoke, is a perennial thistle belonging to the Asteraceae or daisy family. Growing up to the height of 5 to 6 feet, the plant is characterized by its large, immature flower heads that are commonly consumed as a vegetable.
The plant is known as Cynara Scolymus in the scientific community.
Benefits and Uses
- Lowering the levels of lipids in the blood
- High blood pressures
- Intestinal disorders
- Liver issues
- Bloating and intestinal gas
- Loss of appetite
- As a food
- Polyphenols, such as chlorogenic acid and cynarin
- Flavones, such as luteolin and apigenin
- Phenolic acids
- Sesquiterpenes, such as beta-selinene and caryophyllene
- Provitamin A
The traditional use of artichoke has mainly been that of a vegetable. It has been purportedly used as a food since the times of ancients Romans and Greeks.
Much of the known health benefits of artichoke are discovered by scientific research studies. The edible flower heads of artichoke are packed with antioxidants whereas its leaves are full of cynarin, which is known to help improve gall bladder and liver function, lower blood cholesterol levels, and stimulate the secretion of digestive juices, especially bile. Chemicals found in artichoke leaves have also been found to help with the thickening and hardening of arterial walls.
Even though people do not generally consume artichoke stems, they are also edible and taste almost the same as artichoke heart.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
Alcohol-free versions this good are not easy to find, in fact they are next to impossible to be honest. It is wonderful that you have this available.