- Organic Anise (Pimpinella Anisum) Dried Seed
- All Natural Herbal Supplements
- GMO FREE
- MADE IN USA
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
Parts Used: Seed
Country of Origin: Egypt
Anise, bearing the scientific namePimpinellaanisum, is a slow-growing annual herb from the family Apiaceae; the same family that parsley, celery, and carrots belong to. The plant has been cultivated since ages for its small white fruits, called anise seed or aniseed, which have very similar flavor to licorice and have been widely used as a spice and for their medicinal properties.
Benefits and Uses
- As a carminative
- Bowel movement regulation
- As a mouth freshener (typically, combined with a couple of other ingredients)
- For asp bites
- Stimulate appetite
- As a flavoring agent in cooking and baking
Some of the common traditional uses of anise include preventing indigestion, flatulence, and hiccups. It was also used for sleeplessness, sore throat, cough, skin irritations, insect bites, as an aphrodisiac and a breath freshener.
The use of anise as a breath freshener and for getting rid of sore throat, cough, gas, and upset stomach is still highly prevalent. It is also known to help prevent indigestion. The herb also has mild estrogenic properties and also work as an antimicrobial and antiseptic. It is also used in foods.
In ancient Rome, anise seed cakes were served at the end of dinners to ensure guests wouldn’t suffer from flatulence or indigestion.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate, or prevent any disease. Results may vary based on individual user and are not guaranteed.
I recommended it if you are having any issues with a stuffy nose or anything like that.