Natural Wellness: Ashwagandha For Dogs Benefits
Woof woof dog owners! Many people know about the health benefits of ashwagandha, but did you know that it is not only good for humans but also dogs? This truly fascinating and versatile plant has been used in Indian medicine for centuries and is a cornerstone of Ayurvedic medicine. Many of its properties have been scientifically proven, although some are still being tested by scientists. Today we would like to offer you an insight into the effects of ashwagandha for dogs. We will try to keep it brief, entertaining, and factual. Let's get started!
What is Ashwagandha?
Withania Somnifera also known as Ashwagandha is one of the key plants in Ayurvedic medicine, which is considered one of the oldest systems of medicine in the world. This perennial herbaceous plant, native to India and parts of the Mediterranean and Africa, is known for its unique adaptogenic properties manifested mainly by reducing stress levels and improving brain function in general. Its roots and berries are traditionally used to prepare various medicines that are used to treat a wide range of conditions, including stress, anxiety, fatigue, and sleep problems.
The plant has a stem of 12 to 60 inches from which branches with gape-shaped green leaves grow. The greenish-yellow flowers of Ashwagandha are usually small, no more than a half of an inch in diameter, arranged in inflorescences. However, the most valuable part of the plant is the root. It contains a concentrate of bioactive compounds for which it is so highly valued.
Ashwagandha has been closely studied by scientists for a long time, let's take a brief look at its scientifically proven properties:
- Ashwagandha is one of the adaptogenic herbs, helping the body adapt to stressful situations. It reduces the levels of cortisol, a stress hormone, in the body, which has been confirmed in clinical studies.
- Studies have shown that ashwagandha has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- It has also been scientifically proven to have a positive effect on brain function. In people who take ashwagandha with food, there is a reduction in symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Positive effects on sleep and lowering sugar levels have also been noticed.
It's important to take a closer look at the pros and cons of ashwagandha. Ongoing research is being conducted to explore both its potential benefits and drawbacks. Some studies have shown that ashwagandha can have a positive impact on skin and gastrointestinal health, as well as potential anti-tumor properties. Also, parents may use ashwagandha for kids.
Fun fact: means “smell of the horse” in Sanskrit. It is connected with both a distinct smell and the capacity to increase strength. This explains why this medical plant has mostly been employed as an adaptogen, a chemical that helps the body handle stress and build strength.
So what about Ashwagandha for dogs?
Every dog owner wants the best for their beloved pet. Ashwagandha for dogs carries generally the same benefits as for humans, namely:
- Strengthening the Immune System: Ashwagandha contains substances that stimulate the production of white blood cells. These cells are key in recognizing and eliminating harmful pathogens. The more of them there are, the stronger the immune system will be, and consequently, your pet will live a happier and healthier life. Usually, ashwagandha for dogs is used for this purpose, but let's take a look at its other health benefits as well.
- Reducing Stress and Anxiety: Including ashwagandha in your dog's diet can help regulate stress hormones. This is very relevant for dogs experiencing stress from airplane rides, helping your pet cope with fear of loud noises, and so on. Ashwagandha for dogs can alleviate anxiety and fear.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Ashwagandha has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the dog's body. This is especially beneficial for dogs with problematic joints, allergies or digestive issues.
- Increased Energy and Vitality: Ashwagandha for dogs supports the healthy functioning of the adrenal glands, which play an important role in regulating energy levels and stress response. This might be especially useful for active dogs, working dogs, or recuperating ones.
Not bad for a natural herb, isn't it? Ashwagandha tincture can be added to food, treats, or supplements for dogs. No side effects have been identified with the correct dosage, however, if your pet has health problems it would not be wrong to consult a specialist. In the case of a severe overdose, your dog may become a little sleepy or get an upset stomach. Just in case, we recommend that you keep a close eye on your dog's condition after the first use.
The recommended dosage of ashwagandha for dogs depends on their weight and ranges from 100 to 400 mg per day. The suggested daily dosage is 100-250mg for dogs under 25 pounds, 250-500mg for dogs 26-50 pounds, and 500-1000mg for dogs above 50 pounds.
Let the power of nature help you and your pets live a better life. At Secrets.shop you can buy Wolf's Anxiety tincture with ashwagandha. This product is made to cope with stress and anxiety by supporting your pet's nervous system, as well as having other beneficial properties of ashwagandha. Our experts will answer your questions online if you have any. Secrets.shop offers only the best natural herbs tested not only by time but also by qualified herbalists!
So what's the bottom line? Ashawagandha is good for dogs. We have proven positive effects and no side effects with the right dosage. It can energize your pet, keep it from health problems, and even lift its spirits! Ashwagandha for dogs might be a great way to make you and your pet happier, what's more, you can test its effects on yourself too! We hope you had fun and learned something new and maybe even useful. Where to buy ashwaganda? At secrets.shop! May your dog be joyful and its fur always beautiful and soft! We wish you and your pets all the best!